Nowadays most people find housing for short term rentals online. It’s fast, easy, and saves a lot of time. Moreover, now tenants want to see not only photos of the house but also to be able to take a virtual tour of the house. Studies show that more than 46% of renters found virtual tours very useful (Sources: NAR Home Buyer and Seller Generational Trends Report 2019 & 2018 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers).
However virtual tools can further enhance the experience for you as a landlord and your guest. Using 3D house tours, you can provide renters with all the necessary information and make it easy-to-use. The best example of such an application is the Indoor AR Guide. By implementing augmented reality, it allows you to make a virtual tour of your home in just 10 minutes.
Benefits of making virtual house tours for short-term rent
- The easiest way to create a virtual manual for the guests
- It’s much more comfortable for your guests to use a virtual tour to interact with your house. All your guests need to do is point the camera at any object in the house and see the hint you left there.
- Your house is free from laminated papers with rules or folders with manuals, so guests can feel like they’re at home
- Ability to make video-instructions
- Augmented reality experience will be enjoyable for your guests
Why it’s better to make an AR house tour then a regular 3D tour
- You’re able to write virtual tips and descriptions right near the objects
- Guest can experience your tour only by being in the house, so they can’t just send all the info to some potential robbers
- The augmented reality experience is sure to be remembered by your guests, so it increases the possibility that they will tell their friends and acquaintances about your home.
How to make a virtual house tour
We recommend you to use the Indoor AR Guide application. This is the first application that allows you to take a virtual tour of the house and also give tips and write descriptions of subjects that need further explanation. Download the app, create a map in 10 minutes, write necessary descriptions, and send it to your guests. More info about app here.
How to make AR house tour
- Download Indoor AR Guide at the App Store. Link is here.
- Tap the icon “Create new map”, choose “Start”
- Move slowly your device around. Avoid mirrors.
- Add all the notes you need. To start writing a message, tap on the object. To attach your object to a specific place, hold it and move with the device.
- Complete the tour, name it.
- Save it
- Send the link to your guest
That’s all! Easy, right? Try it, the app is free.